If you’re on the Isagenix program, there’s a multitude of recipes that can satisfy you without an overload of calories. Here’s one of our favourites: prawns on zucchini… yum!
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped, or use 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 500 g zucchini
- 500 g medium raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Sauté carrots, celery, onion and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until vegetables begin to soften, approximately 8 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 more minutes. Add ground pepper to taste.
- Slice zucchini thinly, and place in microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water, Cover the bowl, and microwave for 1-2 minutes until the zucchini is cooked but still crisp.
- Add the prawns to the vegetable sauce mixture. Cover, and cook about 5 minutes until prawns turns pink. Stir in basil.
- To serve, spread warm zucchini over a serving platter. Pour prawn mixture on top. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and serve with lemon wedges.
Calories per serving: 228
Protein: 24 g
Fat: 7 g